Anxiety is an uncomfortable feeling. For those who struggle with anxiety knows what the feeling of being unsure or worried about something that did not happen yet, or has the potential to happen feels. Anxiety is your body’s reaction to stress. The state of feeling anxious could stem from giving a presentation, a job interview, or a first date. Though the feeling of anxiety is uncomfortable, it is normal. It is normal to be nervous about a job interview or a test.
Anxiety Disorder is the most common mental illness in the United States. You are not alone with the feeling of anxiety. Now, there are some cases where anxiety is worse than usual. Health Line explained that if your anxious feeling lasts over six month and is interfering with your life, you may have anxiety disorder.
Types of Anxiety Disorders
What you should know is that anxiety disorder has man faces. These are the types of anxiety disorders coming from Health Line:
- panic disorder: experiencing recurring panic attacks at unexpected times. A person with panic disorder may live in fear of the next panic attack.
- phobia: excessive fear of a specific object, situation, or activity
- social anxiety disorder: extreme fear of being judged by others in social situations
- obsessive-compulsive disorder: recurring irrational thoughts that lead you to perform specific, repeated behaviors
- separation anxiety disorder: fear of being away from home or loved ones
- illness anxiety disorder: anxiety about your health (formerly called hypochondria)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): anxiety following a traumatic event
For those who suffer from anxiety, I wanted to express how much I understand what you are going through. When you began to feel anxious affirm these anxiety affirmations to help you relax:
- I am breathing in and out slowly
- I do well with change
- This will pass and I am strong enough to handle it
- My anxiety does not control my fuckin life
- I am attracting positive energy. I am punching negative energy in the balls
- I will make this happen
Typing kind words with trap music playing in the background. Life sucks sometimes but I’m here to make you smile. I blog about wellness and music. Always remember: It’s a bad day, not a bad life.