Today was #NickiDay on the internet and it low key felt like an album release/ On Wednesday she announced new music on Thursday at 1pm and at 12:30pm I was staring at my iTunes PRESSED. She released the music along with an interview full of tea with Zane Lowe through Beats 1 Apple Music. Here is what we learned.
- Nicki supports Cardi: She does not have any issues with the Bodak Yellow Princess, but she did discuss that her feelings were hurt during an interview. “The first interview she did, it just hurt me because she looked so aggravated and angry. She just kept saying she didn’t hear it…. I was like, What?” referring to her Motor Sport verse.
- They could not be in the same video scene due to scheduling differences.
- Cardi B uses Nicki Minaj’s hairstylist (mad shade for bringing that up lol)
- The leaked snippet was not about Cardi B because she wrote it a year ago. So, maybe Eve?
- Birdman thinks she’s the greatest female rapper. But we can’t trust him with money, so we damn sure not trusting his opinion. Jk
- Wayne definitely wants the P from Nicki.
- She has her own label, and is signing producers and artists. When asked how to connect with her, she said “Ask around.”
- This album : “This is the best album in my life that I’ve ever created,”she told Zane Lowe.
- She thinks Azelia Banks new song is dope.
- Meek and Drake are no longer beefing: She told Zane Lowe: “Both Meek and Drake have moved on from that, their anger,” she tells Zane Lowe.
They need rappers like me, they need rappers like me // So they can get their fuckin’ keyboards and make me the bad guy, Chu Li
Rap bitches tell they team, “Make’em like Barbie // Had to come off IG so they can’t stalk me
Chun-Li and Barbie Tingz were fire from the beats alone. When Nicki switches to her deep voice, we all know she is about to go in.
Typing kind words with trap music playing in the background. Life sucks sometimes but I’m here to make you smile. I blog about wellness and music. Always remember: It’s a bad day, not a bad life.